The Logo Controller is a helper script used for placing a logo on the screen. It includes preset positions for logos that we commonly use. More importantly, the script enforces screen safe areas and padding for Snapchat UI elements. This means that your logo will always be visible on screen on all types of device resolutions.
First, download the Logo Controller importable object here:
First import the Logo Controller importable object. Right click in the
Objects panel and select
Import Object. Find the downloaded
LogoController.lso and select it.
The Logo Controller drives the texture, position and scale of a Billboard. For it to work, we need a Billboard in our Lens. To add a Billboard, select
Add New -> Billboard in the
To tune the Logo Controller, we need to select the
LogoController object in the
Objects panel and then tune its settings in the
For the Logo Controller to work, we need to select the Billboard which it will control. First select the empty field next to
Logo Billboard in the
Then assign it to your newly added billboard.
Tune Logo Controller
Now that your Logo Controller is setup, you need to set the actual logo. Select the empty field next to
Logo in the
Inspector panel. Then, select an imported texture in your Resources to be your Logo.
After setting your logo, you’ll need to click the
Refresh button in the
Preview panel to see the Logo Controller position the logo
Now, we can tune the Logo placement with the following parameters.
- Logo Position - A drop down list of preset logo positions. Keep in mind that the logo will be offset from this default position if it extends beyond the screen safe zones
- Logo Alpha - The transparency of your logo. For most logos, keep this at 1.0
- Logo Size - How big your logo is. Keep in mind that as you scale your logo up, it will begin to offset if it extends beyond the screen safe zones
- Logo Offset X - How offset your logo is horizontally from the selected logo position
- Logo Offset Y - How offset your logo is vertically from the selected logo position
- Add Bottom Padding - Adds padding to account for the Lens carousel. Perfect if you don’t want your logo to overlap the Lens carousel icons and record button
- Add Top Padding - Adds padding to account for the top search bar in Snapchat. Perfect if you don’t want your logo to overlap the Snapchat’s top UI elements
- Device Camera Texture - Should always be set to your project’s Device Camera Texture (this is used to get the device’s resolution)
- Logo Billboard - The Billboard in the scene that the Logo Controller controls
Still Looking for help?Visit Support