Lens Insights help you learn more about your audience and how your Lenses are used in Snapchat so you can create more relevant content and iterate on your Lenses to reach your goals.
Access Lens Insights
Lens Insights are available to all Lens Studio users who have submitted one or more Community Lenses.
To access Lens Insights:
- Log in to My Lenses.
Insightsfrom the left navigation menu.
Aggregated insights for all your Lenses will be displayed by default. To see insights of an individual Lens, search for the Lens name in the top search bar.
There are three different tabs corresponding to different insights about your Lenses
Audience Insights help you learn more about the demographics, locations and interest areas of users who have played with your Lenses.
This data includes:
- Demographics: Approximated age and gender breakdowns of your audience.
- Top Countries: Discover where your audience is located.
- Top Interests: Learn about the top interest categories of your audience.
Engagement Insights help you learn more about how users engage with your Lens(es) in Snapchat and how it changes over time.
- Total Plays: The number of times your Lens(es) have been activated in the camera in Snapchat.
- Total Views: The sum of Lens views from direct snaps, story posts, and plays in Snapchat.
- Total Shares: The total number of times your Lens(es) have been shared in Snapchat.
- Total Favorites: The total number of times your Lens(es) have been favorited in Snapchat.
- Sessions per UU: The average number of sessions that a unique user has played with your Lens in Snapchat.
- Play time per session: The average length of time spent playing with the Lens per session in Snapchat.
- Play time per UU: The average length of time a unique user plays with the Lens in Snapchat.
- DAU / WAU: The proportion of weekly active users who engage with your Lens in a one-day window.
- DAU / MAU: The proportion of monthly active users who engage with your Lens in a one-day window.
Snap Camera Insights help you learn more about how your Lenses are used in Snap Camera.
- Snap Camera Total Play Time: The total amount of time a Lens is used by Snap Camera users.
Act on Your Lens Insights
There are different ways you can act on these insights:
- Find the types of audiences that your Lenses attract most.
- Set the target audience for your Lenses.
- Create more relevant content specifically for your target audience, based on their approximated age/sex, location or interests.
- Track how your Lenses perform for a specific cohort.
- Expand the reach of your Lenses by promoting and sharing them with a specific cohort of people.
- Consider running sponsored Lens campaigns to target a specific audience
- Learn how Snapchatters are engaging with your Lenses and how that may change over time.
- Find the types of your Lenses that Snapchatters engage with most.
- Track retention metrics to see how users are repeatedly engaging with your Lenses.
- Update your Lens content based on the length of time a user typically spends playing with your Lens.
- Iterate your Lenses based upon specific use cases and goals.
Still Looking for help?Visit Support