If you see a Snapcode with a circle in the center, that means it can unlock a World Lens. You can even share these Lenses with friends so they can use them, too!
Scan & Unlock a Lens
If you see a Snapcode with a circle in the center, scan it! It might have a special Lens inside you can use for a limited time.
To scan and unlock a Lens from a Snapcode...
- Open Snapchat and point your camera at a Snapcode
- Press and hold on the Snapcode on your screen to scan it
Opening a Lens Link
Lenses can also be shared via URL.
To unlock a Lens from a Lens Link...
- Click the link!
- If you're in Snapchat, you will be prompted to unlock the lens
- If you're on your mobile device, Snapchat will automatically open and prompt you to unlock the Lens
- If you're on a non-mobile device, you'll be taken to a webpage displaying the Snapcode.
Unlock a Lens From Your Camera Roll
You can also scan Snapcodes right from your Camera Roll, in case you aren’t able to point your camera right at it. This works for all kinds of Snapcodes!
To scan and unlock a Snapcode from your Camera Roll…
- Tap the Profile icon in the top-left to go to your Profile screen
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right
- Tap ‘Snapcodes’
- Tap 'Scan from Camera Roll'
- Select a picture with a Snapcode in it!
Unlock a Lens You See in a Snap
If you see a fun-looking Lens in a friend's Snap or somewhere else on Snapchat, you might be able unlock it yourself!
To unlock a Lens from a Snap…
- Swipe up on the Snap to view Context Cards
- If there’s a card with the Lens on it, tap it to try it out!
Sharing a Lens with a Friend
To share a Lens you’ve unlocked with a friend…
- Go to the Camera screen, and tap anywhere to launch Lenses
Swipe over to the Lens you want to share
- Tap the ⓘ button above the Lens button to bring up more info
- Tap ‘Send To Friends’ to share the Lens with friends over Chat!
Please refer to the guides below for additional information:
Still Looking for help?Visit Support