Lens Studio Submission Guidelines
Lens Studio empowers our community to create expressive, immersive AR experiences, and then distribute their creations to Snapchatters all over the world. We love to highlight your creativity; the most engaging Lenses are eligible to be featured in the Lens Carousel, Lens Explorer and other areas of the Snapchat app. We are committed to building a product that is accessible to anyone, inclusive of everyone—in terms of age, status, skin tone, body size, ability, and language. As Lens creators, we ask you share this same commitment and join us in our effort to make Snapchat a welcoming space for all members of our community. To be eligible for in-app promotion, Lens Studio creations must adhere to the following:
If you would like to run ad campaigns on Snapchat, please visit our Business Center.
- Lenses are a playful and fun experience. Be creative and visually compelling. Make something that Snapchatters will want to send to their friends.
- Our North Star at Snap is building products that are fully inclusive and respectful of all Snapchatters. We will remove any Lens that we believe is in violation of this spirit. Therefore:
- No nudity, sexual activities, paraphernalia, solicitations, or sexually explicit language.
- No harassment of any kind will be tolerated. This includes bullying, sexualizing someone without their consent, revealing someone else’s personal information, or directing profanity at a specific person.
- No depictions of realistic violence against people or animals. This includes self-harm or life-threatening behavior or promotion of violent groups, such as gangs or violent extremists.
- No realistic weapons or graphic imagery that would cause distress.
- No promotion of illegal activity or products from regulated industries, such as tobacco, alcohol, gambling, or pharmaceuticals.
- No hate speech, promotion of hate groups or attempts to mock or harm other groups.
- No inappropriate use of stereotypes or demeaning tropes.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You must obtain all necessary rights and permissions for the content you submit as part of a Lens. This includes obtaining all necessary performance rights for music included in Lenses, and paying all applicable royalties for the music.
- Rightsholders and their agents can report alleged intellectual property infringement found in Lenses to Snap. Snap takes all complaints regarding intellectual property infringement seriously and will investigate them. Takedowns are processed at Snap’s discretion. We make no guarantees as to the outcome of our investigations or the legitimacy of the complaints we receive. To report copyright infringement on Snapchat, follow the instructions at this link.
- Please keep in mind that in making your Lens available to Snapchatters, Snap may display your name, business name (if applicable), Lens name, Snapchat account username or display name, city, state, and country, as submitted by you or tied to your Snapchat account.
- Do not include content that suggests any partnership with or endorsement by Snap, or imitates Snap’s trademarks or products. Prohibited references include (but are not limited to) “Snap,” “Snapchat,” “Spectacles,” “Bitmoji,” the Ghost Logo, the Spectacles Logo, and the Snapchat user interface.
- Frame Rate: For iPhone 6 and higher, the Lens should run at 27 FPS or higher. For Android Galaxy S6 and higher, the Lens should run at 15 FPS or higher.
- Memory: In Snapchat, the Lens should consume a maximum of 150 MB RAM memory.
- Exported Lens Size: Once exported, the zipped Lens should be no more than 8 MB. ML models are counted separately, with a limit of 10mb.
- Texture Size: No texture should exceed 2048x2048 resolution. No mesh should exceed
100,000 triangles, or
60,000 trianglesfor meshes with joints/skinning for best performance.
- Lens icon and preview media: we encourage original imagery.
- Inclusivity: the Lens should function equally well for all Snapchatters, regardless of race, color, caste, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, immigration status, socio-economic status, age, weight or pregnancy status
For additional resources please visit the Lens Studio Site.
Still Looking for help?Visit Support