Lens Studio Submission Guidelines
If you would like to run ad campaigns on Snapchat, please visit our Business Center.
- Lenses are a playful and fun experience. Be creative and visually compelling. Make something that Snapchatters will want to send to their friends. We strive to ensure a positive and inclusive experience for Snapchatters around the world and will remove any Lens that we believe is in violation of this spirit.
- Do not include content that:
- Uses or is suggestive of Snap’s trademarks or products. This includes references to our properties or products, including but not limited to “Snap,” “Snapchat,” “Spectacles,” “Lens,” “Lenses,” “Bitmoji,” the Ghost Logo, the Spectacles Logo, and the Snapchat user interface.
- Suggests any partnership with or endorsement by Snap.
- Depicts or promotes regulated products or content from regulated industries.
- May incite or glorify violence or the use of weapons.
- Includes obscene language or imagery, depictions of nudity, sex acts, or profanity.
- May be considered offensive by a particular group of individuals, or that could foster negative stereotypes, such as slurs or other derogatory language.
- Promotes dangerous, harmful, or illegal activity, or that encourages Snapping while driving.
- Contains hashtags or usernames.
- Threatens to harm a person, group of people, or property. We don’t tolerate bullying, threats, or harassment on Snapchat.
Intellectual Property Rights
- You must obtain all necessary rights and permissions for the content you submit as part of a Lens. This includes obtaining all necessary performance rights for music included in Lenses, and paying all applicable royalties for the music.
- Rightsholders and their agents can report alleged intellectual property infringement found in Lenses to Snap. Snap takes all complaints regarding intellectual property infringement seriously and will investigate them. Takedowns are processed at Snap’s discretion. We make no guarantees as to the outcome of our investigations or the legitimacy of the complaints we receive. To report copyright infringement on Snapchat, follow the instructions at this link.
- Please keep in mind that in making your Lens available to Snapchatters, Snap may display your name, business name (if applicable), Lens name, Snapchat account username or display name, city, state, and country, as submitted by you or tied to your Snapchat account.
- Frame Rate: For iPhone 6 and higher, the Lens should run at 27 FPS or higher. For Android Galaxy S6 and higher, the Lens should run at 15 FPS or higher.
- Memory: In Snapchat, the Lens should consume a maximum of 150 MB RAM memory.
- Exported Lens Size: Once exported, the zipped Lens should be no more than 4 MB and optimally less than 2 MB for quicker Lens download.
- Texture Size: No texture should exceed 2048x2048 resolution. No mesh should exceed 65,536 triangles.
For additional resources please visit the Lens Studio Site.
Still Looking for help?Visit Support